This part is discontinued and no longer available. Please DO NOT
try to order.
NEW SQUISH/DISH DOME MAKES MORE POWER
- Dished dome makes more power. Flame front travel distance is
minimized when compressed charge concentrated directly under spark plugs
combustion efficiency is improved.
- Tall shoulders of dome "squash" the mixture at TDC creating a
hurricare to distribute the flames.
"Your new TS dished TS pistons worked an absolute treat
and our customer is absolutely over the moon with the performance of the
engine. Having changed nothing other than the pistons and compression
ratio, the car has jumped up two classes and is now a seriously quick
Alfa. It performed faultlessly. We love them! Well done
guys!!! A fantastic set of pistons."
NEW! ASYMMETRICAL DESIGN. This slipper skirt
piston type design features:
- The intake skirt is 20% narrower than a full skirt,
rod angularity creates greater pressure on the intake side load
- The compression decay after TDC reduces the
exhaust loading allowing a 40% reduction on the exhaust skirts.
- Compression of 11.5:1 is measured with standard head of
135mm height and 1.6mm Reinze gasket. WARNING: Milling drastically
increases coompression. Also, be aware that valve shape/size and seat
height can make a difference. For absolute accuracy, customer should
submit head chamber volume.
- 3mm deeper valve reliefs accommodate most performance cams intake
- Larger diameter intake valve reliefs will accommodate up to
oversize 47mm intake
- Standard 38mm exhaust valves are the best combination for
This piston set includes standard wrist pins (109
grams),and conventional Ring Set. You should consider the following upgrades. (Specify
Upgrades in "Customer Comments Box" when ordering on line from
- Upgrade to light
weight pins (77 grams) for an additional $80.00
- Upgrade to Total
Seal gapless second ring set for more HP. $133.50
- Upgrade to Total
Seal gapless top ring set for even more HP. $169.75 extra
(check out HP gains at Total Seal HP
- Ceramic dome heat coating and Teflon skirt coating $188.00 extra.
Dome coating holds heat in combustion chamber for more power. This ceramic
shield prevents heat transfer to the underside of the piston and reduces oil
temperature. Reduced skirt friction decreases parasetic HP loss.
- Teflon skirt coating only $108.00
If we do not stock the
appropriate compression piston for your engine needs, we will be delighted to
help you with a special order set. We also sell single pistons and pins if you
damage one and need a spare. Please call us for more information.